Any utility operative carrying out butt fusion and electro fusion welding.
To provide operatives with the necessary skills and knowledge to perform butt fusion and electro fusion welded joints to industry standards.
- Identify and select polyethylene pipe and fittings, and
- Manufacture and inspect electro fusion and butt fusion welds according to industry standards
The course will cover:
- Characteristics and identification of polyethylene pipes and associated fittings
- Supply, handling and installation of polyethylene pipes and associated fittings
- Pre-jointing equipment and machine checks
- How to manufacture a butt fusion and electro fusion joint using associated machines and equipment
- Inspection of joints for quality assurance
Through presentation of written and verbal theory sessions and practical training and assessment.
Industry experience of polyethylene pipe installation.