Price includes VAT, CPCS Test Fees, and CPCS card.
This CPCS A59 Excavator 360 above 10 tonnes tracked course is designed for Plant Operators who have some previous experience on plant machinery, particularly Excavators.
CPCS A59 Theory Questions & Practical Assessment Criteria
Please click on this link for the CPCS A59 Excavator 360 above 10 tonnes tracked theory test questions and standard practical assessment criteria.
Please beware of web sites selling CPCS Theory Test answers. The answers are often out of date and inaccurate. Testers are required to ask supplementary questions to check candidate understanding, particularly when they suspect that ‘model’ answers have been learned.
- Introduction & explanation of CPCS qualification.
- Health and safety legislation as it applies to Plant operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of operating 360 excavator.
- Daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of operator’s manual.
- Explanation of requirements of CPCS practical tests.
- Initial familiarity with operation of the 360 excavator.
Days Three – Five:
- Practical operation of the 360 excavator, including:
- Excavation of material.
- Tipper loading.
- Operating on inclines.
- Safe use of the quick hitch.
- Using the excavator for lifting operations.
- Continued practice in preparation for CPCS Tests.
- Theory and Practical assessments for the CPCS Red Card Excavator 360, above 10 tonnes tracked.
The training involves both theory and practical training at the test centre.
Pre-requisites and additional information
Delegates MUST have passed their CSCS Health, Safety, and Environment Test within the last 2 years (to the date of the actual CPCS tests). Delegates that arrive without a valid CSCS HSE pass will not be permitted to attend and will lose the full cost of the course.
Candidates must bring photo ID in order to take their CPCS tests.
Please note that if you do not pass the CPCS Theory Test then you are not permitted to attempt the CPCS Practical Test. Additional fees apply if re-tests are required.
8.00am – 4.30pm. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.
This course is eligible for CITB grants for employers that pay the CITB levy. More information can be found by clicking here.
Prices are inclusive of VAT, Test Fees and CPCS card.