Price includes VAT, CPCS Test Fees, and CPCS card.
This CPCS A56 Articulated Dump Truck course is designed for new entrants with little or no experience.
CPCS A59 Theory Questions & Practical Assessment Criteria
Please click on this link for the CPCS A56 Articulated Dump Truck theory test questions and standard practical assessment criteria.
Please beware of web sites selling CPCS Theory Test answers. The answers are often out of date and inaccurate. Testers are required to ask supplementary questions to check candidate understanding, particularly when they suspect that ‘model’ answers have been learned.
The CPCS A56 course aims to provide the candidate with a thorough practical and theory training in operating a Rear Tipping Articulated – Chassis Dump Truck in order to to enable the candidate to pass the CPCS Theory and Practical Tests.
- Introduction & explanation of CPCS qualification.
- Health and safety legislation as it applies to Plant operators.
- Theoretical knowledge of operating an ADT.
Day Two & Three:
- Daily/weekly checks of machine.
- Familiarity with the equipment and use of operator’s manual.
- Explanation of requirements of CPCS practical tests.
- Initial familiarity with operation of the ADT.
- Practical operation of the ADT, including:
- Configure and ready for travel (site and highway).
- Travel over rough, undulating ground, steep inclines and level surfaces – loaded and unloaded.
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces whilst carrying loads.
- Ensure the suitability of the tipping and loading area.
- Explain action required for hazards, underground and overhead services.
- Position to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transfer loads to different locations.
- Discharge loads into trenches and over edges.
- Theory and Practical assessments for the CPCS Red Card Articulated Dump Truck.
The training involves both theory and practical training at the test centre.
Pre-requisites and additional information
Delegates MUST have passed their CSCS Health, Safety, and Environment Test within the last 2 years (to the date of the actual CPCS tests). Delegates that arrive without a valid CSCS HSE pass will not be permitted to attend and will lose the full cost of the course.
Candidates must bring photo ID in order to take their CPCS tests.
Please note that if you do not pass the CPCS Theory Test then you are not permitted to attempt the CPCS Practical Test. Additional fees apply if re-tests are required.
8.00am – 4.30pm. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.
This course is eligible for CITB grants for employers that pay the CITB levy. More information can be found by clicking here.
Prices are inclusive of VAT, Test Fees and CPCS card.