This CPCS A31 Ride on Roller course is designed for workers that want to gain their CPCS card to work on construction sites within the UK. This is suitable for individuals with little or no experience.
A31 Theory Test Questions & Standard Practical Test Assessment Criteria:
Please click on this link for the CPCS A31 Ride on Roller theory test questions and standard practical assessment criteria.
- Site induction, CPCS explanation and expectations.
- Revision of CPCS theory knowledge questions.
- Relevant Health & Safety legislation.
- Roles and responsibilities of the Ride on Roller driver.
- Preparation for CPCS Theory Tests.
- Pre-start checks and configuration.
- Safe positioning and manoeuvring of the vehicle.
- Awareness of other hazards and users on site.
- Limitations, hazards and stability factors.
- Configure and set for compacting duties.
- Compacting loose granular materials to specification.
- Compacting straight lines and around radii.
- Compacting supported and unsupported edges.
- Communication methods.
- Carrying out shut down and securing procedures.
- Preparation for CPCS Practical Test.
- CPCS Theory Test (morning) and Practical (afternoon).
The training involves both theory and practical training at the test centre.
Pre-requisites and additional information
Delegates MUST have passed their CSCS Health, Safety, and Environment Test within the last 2 years (to the date of the actual CPCS tests). Delegates that arrive without having a valid CSCS Health & Safety Test pass will not be permitted to attend and will lose the full cost of the course.
Please note that if you do not pass the CPCS Theory Test then you are not permitted to attempt the CPCS Practical Test.
Additional fees will apply if re-tests are required.
8.00am – 4.30pm. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.
The price includes VAT, registration, and CPCS card fees.
This course is eligible for CITB grants. More information can be found by clicking here.