The Novice/Foundation CPCS A17C Telescopic Handler course is designed for workers that have little or no site experience operating a telescopic handler, so require a full training course to assist them passing their CPCS theory and practical tests. Very experienced workers that require no training can go straight to test only. Delegates MUST have passed their CSCS Health, Safety, and Environment Test within the last 2 years (to the date of the actual CPCS tests). Delegates that arrive without a valid CSCS HSE pass will not be permitted to attend and will lose the full cost of the course.
CPCS Theory Questions
Please click on this link for the CPCS A17C Telescopic Handler (excluding 360 Slew) theory test questions and standard practical assessment criteria.
Please beware of web sites selling CPCS Theory Test answers. The answers are often out of date and inaccurate. Testers are required to ask supplementary questions to check candidate understanding, particularly when they suspect that ‘model’ answers have been learned.
- Site induction, CPCS explanation and expectations.
- Revision of CPCS theory knowledge questions.
- Relevant Health & Safety legislation.
- Responsibilities of the operator.
- Identification, maintenance, and checking of plant, equipment, and accessories.
- Types of lift, pre-use checks.
- Communication with workforce, hand signals, lift safety, sequence of operations, controlling loads.
- Tuition in different types of lifts.
- Practice in different types of lifts and loads.
- Operation of the telescopic handler.
- Further revision of knowledge elements.
- CPCS Theory Tests.
- CPCS Practical Tests.
The training involves both theory and practical training at the test centre.
Pre-requisites and additional information
Delegates MUST have passed their CSCS Health, Safety, and Environment Test within the last 2 years (to the date of the actual CPCS tests). Delegates that arrive without a valid CSCS HSE pass will not be permitted to attend and will lose the full cost of the course.
Candidates must bring photo ID in order to take their CPCS tests.
Please note that if you do not pass the CPCS Theory Test then you are not permitted to attempt the CPCS Practical Test. Additional fees apply if re-tests are required.
Approximately 8.00am – 4.30pm. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.
This course is eligible for CITB grants for employers that pay the CITB levy. More information can be found by clicking here.
Prices are inclusive of VAT, Test Fees and CPCS card.