This CPCS A09 Forward Tipping Dumper course is designed for workers that want to gain their CPCS card to work on construction sites within the UK. This is suitable for individuals with little or no experience.
A09 Theory Test Questions & Standard Practical Test Assessment Criteria:
Please click on this link for the CPCS A09 Forward Tipping Dumper theory test questions and standard practical assessment criteria.
- Site induction, CPCS explanation and expectations.
- Revision of CPCS theory knowledge questions.
- Relevant Health & Safety legislation.
- Roles and responsibilities of the FTD driver.
- Traffic plans and work management.
- Preparation for CPCS Theory Tests.
- Pre-start checks and configuration.
- Safe positioning and manoeuvring of the vehicle.
- Awareness of other hazards and users on site.
- Limitations, hazards and stability factors.
- Position to receive loads.
- Travelling over rough terrain.
- Communication methods.
- Transferring loads to different locations.
- Discharging loads into trenches and over edges.
- Preparation for CPCS Practical Test.
- CPCS Theory Test (morning) and Practical (afternoon).
The training involves both theory and practical training at the test centre.
Pre-requisites and additional information
Delegates MUST have passed their CSCS Health, Safety, and Environment Test within the last 2 years (to the date of the actual CPCS tests). Delegates that arrive without having possessing a valid CSCS HSE pass will not be permitted to attend and will lose the full cost of the course.
A passport-approved photograph must be presented to the office in order to apply for the CPCS cards.
Please note that if you do not pass the CPCS Theory Test then you are not permitted to attempt the CPCS Practical Test. Additional fees apply if re-tests are required.
8.00am – 4.30pm. Course times will be confirmed in the joining instructions once the course has been booked.
The price includes VAT, registration, and CPCS card fees.
This course is eligible for CITB grants. More information can be found by clicking here.