The job of everyone here at HOST is to help you to improve your skills, employability & career choices. Staff will offer you all the help you need to do this. We provide a comprehensive service to meet all your learning and assessment needs, and our Information, Advice and Guidance staff will help you with all the things you may need to build up your confidence to enter or re-enter the labour market or to progress your current career.
We are also here to help you with any problems you may be having. It is our job to address these or help you to address them, so please do not be afraid to ask for help.
Our Learning and Work Advisers can offer you the following services, if you require them:
- Impartial and unbiased advice on the courses we provide.
- Information regarding the qualifications and career paths that our programmes offer.
- Guidance and support when you are facing personal difficulties.
- Referrals to other high-quality training providers if our courses are not suitable for you, or we cannot meet all your needs.
- Assessment to make sure the course level is right for you.
- Employability support, helping you with CV writing, application forms, interview tips and your personal skills.
- Advice on progression into work or further learning.
We have put together a detailed Learner Handbook, which outlines our Policies & Procedures, and contains useful contact details for external organisations such as the NHS and The Samaritans. A copy of this is available below.